Thursday, February 26, 2015

For Those Who Can't Speak

I highly dislike rap. Even if it is Christian rap, I cannot stand it.


I don't even like the song that this blog post is about. At least, I didn't like it until I looked up the lyrics.

One thing that has been on my heart a lot are the victims of human trafficking. It's something that I pray for periodically, but after reading this article, my passion really flared up. So many people have no idea, or very little idea, how many people are sold into slavery, particularly sex slavery.

It makes me sick to my stomach. It makes me cry.

The "fix-it" person in me wants to go beat up the bad guys and rescue the weak. I feel so frustrated that people can treat other people as though they have no rights.

Every single person is beautiful. It doesn't matter what they have done, what stage they are at in life, what religion, or what race. Every single person is made in the image and likeness of God.

That goes for babies in the womb who have yet to be born. That goes for Brittany Maynard, who took her life this past November. That goes for the homeless. For the elderly. For the Christians, Jews, and others being murdered in the Middle East and other parts of the world. For those who are persecuting them. For those being sold into slavery. For those selling.

Life is beautiful. God created it. God alone should be the one to take it away.

And through all this pain and evil...He is present. He has not abandoned us. There are countless stories of hope and about conversion pertaining to human trafficking, abortion, euthanasia, and persecution. God is working in all this. He is present, and He's already won.

When I'm freaking out about all the terrible stuff going on, I cling to His truth. The truth that evil will always lose. It already has.

Anyway, so here's the song that inspired this post, "For Those Who Can't Speak", by Tenth Avenue North.

I want to use my voice for those who can't speak. I want to stand up for the vulnerable, the weak, in my day-to-day life. God, use me.

Pardon the rap. But let the message sink in.


1 comment:

  1. Wow. I'm not a rap fan, either (though I do appreciate the understanding of rhythm that most rap artists have that many pop artists don't seem to), but those lyrics are incredible. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete