So I finally sat down today and drafted up my goals for this summer. Actually, I had already put them on paper a few weeks ago, but the paper decided to go MIA (paper has a mind of its own, doncha know). This is take two.
1. AWAKEN-- my MS that I finished months ago. I'm still in love with it, which is a good sign, but it seriously needs some work that I've been putting off. It's like a room in my brain that I'm not ready to demolish but needs such a cleaning that it's exhausting to even open the door.
2/3. WILD-- probably not the actual name, so I should probably shoot for finding a name for that one, too. Anyway, I'm about fourteen chapters into the draft and have no idea what happens next, so I should probably get to outlining...
4. TBN-- is totally outlined. I love this story so much and I'm about six-ish chapters into it. It's kind of a companion to AWAKEN (which is the first in a trilogy--TBN will stand alone), so that's fun.
5. 1950s Concept-- I love the '50s so much. Thinking of doing a mystery/thriller kind of thing involving that time period along with deserted places (probably aquariums). I have a Pinterest Board for it (sort of), but I can't wait to discover the story further.
6. READ-- "What?! Anne Marie, you said these were Summer 2015 Writing Goals." Someone once said that a true writer is always writing. For me, that's so true, and the time that I'm most writing (besides when I'm actually writing) is when I'm reading. I really want to get into lots of classics this summer as well as some (non-raunchy) adult lit and nonfiction (think memoirs) as well as, as stated, writing books. Right now, I'm reading (writing related) Characters and Viewpoint by Orson Scott Card and Now Write! Screenwriting edited by Sherry Ellis and Laurie Lamson. If you have any suggestions (for any of those categories, but especially writing), I'm all ears! ...erm, or rather, eyes...
7. Blog-- so this really isn't anything new, I already try to blog three times a week.
THERE ACTUALLY IS SOMETHING NEW.
WHAT THE HECK IS CLAMORING TO BE VISIBLE!?
Well. Let me tell you a story.
Once upon a time there was a magical writing goddess named Jenny who also happens to be incredibly humorous. Said goddess stumbled (do goddesses stumble?) upon my blog during the A-Z Challenge. Her blog is definitely one of my favorite stops on the internet, literally every time I visit I smile. ANYWAY. She has another blog, where she posts stories (I'll post the link when it's up and running again, right now she's taking a break) and I think that that is such a good idea.
I've tried out Figment and Wattpad, but it's all "oh you read mine and I'll read yours", which I really don't like. I feel like a lot of "writers" who use those sites don't particularly care about anything besides views. Also, a lot of it is just boy band fanfics (REALLY!? I hate fanfics so much, I'm sorry--but that's another post for another time) and porn, neither of which are my thing.
Personally, I wouldn't care if nobody ever read or commented on my blog...I write for me, y'all are just a bonus. But a really awesome bonus.
Anyway, one of my journals is completely dedicated to stories. Just random, free written stories. I decided, because of Jenny the Goddess, that maybe I should share some of said stories.
SO! Here it is. Blog number two, which will hopefully soon be filled with lots of stories, fictional and nonfictional and exaggerated and non-exaggerated (but you're going to have to guess which is which, because I'll never tell!).
Head on over to Clamoring To Be Visible and see Story No. 1: THE PROMISE OF COFFEE.
Love you guys.